- Born: 10/29/97 …
- Height: 6’4″
- Wingspan: 6’9″
- Weight: 225 lbs
- Draft Eligibility: 2018
- Nationality: American
- High School: Word of God Christian Academy (North Carolina)
- Good first step along with strength and height for ball handler allows him to create some efficient rim attempts or drive-and-kick scenarios.
- Is comfortable in PnR as ball handler and scorer, but rarely looks for roll man and can’t make important PnR passes (bounce to roll man, lob, weakside corner, etc.) except for the strong side corner, which is a basic drive and kick pass.
- Last year as freshman, spot up shooting numbers were good from 3 (37%) and FT (73%), but mid-range pull-ups were taken too frequently and were made at a very bad clip. Shooting form seems fine. Definitely could evolve into good shooter.
- He often cuts into traffic too early, makes slow decisions, stops the ball movement with jab steps before a pass, and lets his motor wane when the play isn’t called for him.
- Strong with decent wingspan. Able to guard two, maybe three perimeter positions because of size.
- Makes too many mistakes because he’s slow to rotate or pick up free man in chaos of transition.
- Poor defensive rebounder. Will often find man and then turn to ball without ever boxing out.
- He really struggles to stay in front of drivers. His foul rate is low, but doesn’t have initial quickness/anticipation to mirror a good first step. Takes really poor angles and is in bad stance, bent over at the waist.
- Dunk-contest athleticism doesn’t show up functionally in games. Doesn’t challenge often in contested rebounding situations. Cannot effect shots of smaller guards at the rim of or in help situations where he has running start and time.
Projected Range of NBA Role
- Low Outcome: Lack of effective creation, shooting, or generally good decision making, and slow footed bad PnR defender make him unplayable in league.
- High Outcome: As a spot up shooter he demands strong closeouts. That, combined with NBA space, allow his driving strength to be effective enough to play solid bench minutes as secondary ball handler on non-starter units. Defensively he always has to be hidden/play in favorable match-ups against backups.