- (Wikimedia Commons)
- Born: 5/12/98 …
- Height: 6’11”
- Wingspan: 7’9″
- Weight: 215 lbs
- Draft Eligibility: 2018
- Nationality: American
- High School: Westtown School (Pennsylvania)
- Coordination to reliably catch difficult interior or lob passes is very good. Good coordination seen also in shot mechanics, which are fluid and fast for his wingspan.
- Has touch with right hook and jump shots from elbow and corner 3.
- Passing is good relative to role, especially on perimeter, moving ball well to open shooter/cutter.
- Fast, accelerates quickly running in straight line in open court.
- Lack of strength really hurts on offensive glass, screening, and rolling to rim.
- Not explosive, just long. Often takes time loading up before jumping from stand still.
- No consistent intensity. Hands usually down, posture is straight up.
- No feel for punishing defense in chaos or transition with cutting, positioning, passing. Reads/recognizes advantages slowly.
- 7’9” wingspan, 9’6” standing reach, and quick/coordinated hands create blocks, steals, deflections, and passed up shots. Greatest attribute by far.
- When inclined, can get in balanced, low stance and can backpedal well. Swivels hips pretty well.
- Usually tracks man and ball well, resulting in lots of help blocks or deters.
- Lack of explosion/quick jumping and strength make him poor defensive rebounder. Not aggressive boxing out and can rarely hold position against strong athlete types. Almost never rebounds outside of his area, like many with his wingspan do.
- Again, intensity wavers, and he often seeks blocks instead of correct play.
Projected Range of NBA Role
- Low Outcome: Backup rim protector, who can only play in some matchups, with some mid-range shooting,
- High Outcome: Plus defender at rim and in high-PNR, with ability to catch lobs in space and shoot corner 3.