- Born: 3/5/98 …
- Height: 6’10”
- Weight: 200 lbs
- Draft Eligibility: 2018
- Nationality: French
- High School: Institut Nacional du Sport de Lexpertise et de la Performance
- Smooth and coordinated finesse stretch big who can change ends fluidly with plus mobility.
- Solid frame at 230 pounds with growth potential.
- Not overly explosive but is quick off the floor and can play above the rim in space. Wins more with quick reaction than explosion.
- Fluid and fast release on his jump shot with minimal input that doesn’t require a ball dip. Projects well from NBA 3 shooting over contests at his size and well as in pick-and-pop situations.
- Impressive touch on runners on the move, as well as his right-hand jump hook in the post.
- Makes himself available on offense with hands up and arms extended. Good feel for when to flash to open spaces, especially against zones.
- Flashes quick decision-making as a passer, especially in high-low situations.
- Coordinated enough to take a few dribbles in big spaces attacking closeouts to get to his runner.
- Mobile and quick enough to hedge when he actually sits down fully in a stance defending on the perimeter.
- Active on the boards with good effort and enough bounce to elevate quickly on multiple jumps. Has good instincts closing to the ball quickly on the offensive glass.
- Solid motor and competitive fire on the glass and is attentive on box outs.
- Shows timing and ability to cover ground on rotations. Usually in the right place defensively.
- Lacks the girth and physicality to carve deep position in the post, lacks a physical edge, and gets moved around too easily on the interior.
- Doesn’t possess the length or vertical pop to be a plus rim protector, even in weak side situations.
- Not a natural getting down in his stance defensively, and lacks the twitch to be a switch defender.
- Offers little resistance containing dribble penetration getting dislodged moving backwards.
- Overly reliant on floaters to generate points attacking closeouts or on cuts. Doesn’t get all the way to the rim and struggles to finish over length and athleticism.
- Despite vision and decision-making flashes he struggles with passing accuracy.
Tillie will have draft appeal from NBA teams as a stretch big with a projectable 3-point shot and a fairly skilled offensive game. It’s unclear outside of shooting how he can score at the NBA level and if his defense isn’t passable enough on the perimeter in space to offset his lack of interior rim protection. His intersection of positional size, shooting, skill-level and overall fluidity could put him on the late first round map.